Thursday, April 14, 2011

Twinight Harolds

Good evening (or Morning?),

First, some misfortune: my laptop has officially died (tear). I wish it well in circuitry heaven and recycling. For you, that means my posts will be a little more spread out. In the meanwhile, I've been hitting the ground running these days and I must be off to bed for a very important audition tomorrow--looking forward to getting to that when the opportunity strikes.

Excellent progress has been made towards finding work. Some canidates have been eliminated through the usual reasons and some interviews have been obtained. At this point, I've really started to hone in on some good leads and my aim is that before this month is out my financial and artistic needs will be well in hand...including some education opportunities (fingers crossed). I've been learning to put good energy and my wishes out into the world every day--the power of want and belief are already making a difference.

The search has come down to acting (mostly commercial), teaching, and hospitality/customer service options--each one of which fits me very well. That's the beauty of being an actor--your work in theater actually makes you well-versed in a plethora of skills; an artists breadth and depth of abilities is not to be over-looked.

Transition is something that both intrigues and challenges me in many ways, but it's encouraging that so much progress has already been made (not bad for a mere seven days in pursuit!). Glad to have you on board with me.

I hope that next time you read this is over your breakfast and coffee...and considerably later. Time for bed!

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment