Wednesday, May 16, 2012

This. Is. ACTING.

Update Report (or "Repor", if you will...):

Yesterday I auditioned for the Philadelphia Shakespeare company season. And since it's Shakespeare, I had to go. This was my first time doing long distance from up North: the challenge was to make a noon audition and then return to New York before 4pm for the start of one of my Supporting Jobs. This was so only because the original day was in conflict and there was no other sane approach to make the commitment possible. Buses saved the day (anything else would have been prohibitively expensive). Although I had somehow lost my charger. My phone was completely out of power when I woke up. By the time I got to Philly, the location was a bit fuzzy and, to my astonishment, no one in the N. 30th street train station or the bus stop had any idea that where this place was. I managed to find an odd-looking charging replacement, looked it up once again for good measure, and made it with seconds to spare. Sometimes, even the best planning has it's foils! I then went in, where I was warmly welcomed, did what we actors do, and then managed to catch another bus 15 minutes later to get back to the Sleepless City. In all, I had been to the land of Cheese Steaks (I still haven't had one from there!) for barely 30 minutes. And there you are.

I have a lot of acting work coming up this weekend and more thoughts on being on my first major Film set.

See ya soon.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment