Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back and Then Out Again

So fast forward two more days and here we are. I'm afraid my body is still catching up from the pace of the previous week and my eyes struggle to keep open. So I must keep it brief. We made our way back from a wonderful school right within Miami's city limits. We performed outdoors for a throng of students (they had just built a brand new outdoor stage). The kids were among the smartest I've encountered and there were plenty of ideas abounding. It would not shock me if one of their plays makes the Festival this spring.

On our way back, I finally got myself a disposable camera (how 90s am I?) And started rationing out my frames until I made it all the way back through the everglades and home to our messy estate. I must make my way over to develop film; sadly, more patience will be required until then.

Today we went back to the local routine. This time we went to a Jewish institution. We had a fun time performing the story of the (kosher) Mr. Salami, who had fell out of a plane and got stuck in the desert, trying to find his way to the frozen isle. He had to pick and pluck his way around an especially annoying prickly cactus. He had wrestle and bump his way around a tumble weed, which he tried to eat, and almost choked to death upon. He came across a companion (the name escapes me at the moment) and made our way to a supermarket where we had to battle the Ninja Fuji Apples. At last Mr. Salami was safe in his refrigerator, recovering from the day. The end.

After that, I worked with a class of first graders. We packed up our things and then made it back for a few hours before I headed off to the box office, and then returned just in time to clean the bathroom for inspection tomorrow. Which leaves me here now writing to you.

Wow...that wasn't such a short piece of writing after all.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment