Monday, February 7, 2011

Freedom and (I wish the first name was Bruce) Willis Elementary

-How about those for names of your destination? It was a good way to start a whole bunch of character fun. Some of the highlights were me as a baseball player who really wanted to join the Yankees (thunderous applause erupted when we took this suggestion...however one teacher did give a thumbs down), but didn't know how to swing a baseball bat. He gets three tries. First one he tries to run home (literally). Second time he ends up running so hard that he gets caught in slow motion. But the third time, he make a swing, flies around the bases, and manages to sign a contract with the Yankees while only fainting once.

-The workshops were cooking today: we had Larry the Diver, who had a the curious habit of wrestling sharks while a piece of coral looked on in disgust. He trying to get out of his Dungeon under the sea up to fresh air and dry land. He starts losing air, until the shark and coral help him get to the surface and onto a boat on shore...no one could really agree on an ending until I compromised by having Larry promise to become a land-lover and neither the coral nor the shark had to be bothered ever again.

That's the trick sometimes--you pick the wrong overly-eager child and they might not stop until they've left no more room for anyone else to contribute. I just hope to focus that nozzle of thought onto their own piece of paper before it really starts getting out of control. But you can't teach that kind of enthusiasm. If only more classes had their energy!

-As is common for me, I like to share good opportunities when I see them. There's link on the my facebook page for this blog for a prominent theater looking for non-union work. An acting friend of mine text me and soon turned into a conversation. It was great to hear from my friend and learn all about her own acting adventures.

There's a 4pm wake-up staring me in the face, therefore...adieu.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment