Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Red-Eye Plays

Today was wild day: At when I peeled myself off my bed. My cast and I get ready then zoom away in the van. Unfortunately, I misread the directions and we, without any other signs to confirm or refute the path we took, ended up miles from where we were supposed to be, but manage to make it just in time to set up.
All we knew was that we were going to perform two shows and do a workshop. What we didn't know is that this school was designed for socially maladjusted and special needs kids from Kindergarten all the way through 22 years old. It was quite the variety. The first show was made up of high-schoolers and most of them played the cool card and kept fairly quiet, but by the end were chuckling and getting into it. The second show was the special needs folks and they had one heck of a good time with us. The workshop was with four high-schoolers and we had a great time figuring out how Falthasar and Bob the Mudding Trucker tried to catch a Piranha.

-Play of the Day: I ended up being Salvador, the Spanish-Soap-Opera-dramatic jet engine mechanic in the military. Salvador worked for a general who, not liking Salvador's work, fired him and flew off with his plane. Salvador search for new work until he came across an opening as an ice cream driver. But, getting a very demanding little girl as his first customer, failed to keep a very high stack of ice cream and topping together; it avalanched upon my face. The very frustrated customer fired me. Off I was again. Then I got work as a custodian cleaning toilets. I have to clean a really nasty toilet in the audience and then, without warning, one toilet clogs and the room begins to fill with water. So who’m I gonna’ call?--Ghost Busters. Who, along with audience volunteers, do the Ghost Buster dance and successfully unclog the toilet. The Principal comes back in and a giant booger monster attacks her. I scrub it off, but decide enough's enough: I'm out. I got back to the military base and get to work on my new plane again. The end.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment