Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Thoughts

-Ok, where to start... my mind has been filled with so many thoughts since the last post. I really enjoy sharing my day-to-day with you, but there are so many big questions that I'm trying to figure out for myself. And last night's post was great for me to share with you; it was just as exciting to strike a cord with all the return replies I have received by email. I really do believe that performing arts are about sharing--we're giving to you. This is my way to give back a meaningful contribution to the collective. That sound a bit borg-ish of me (yes, I have a little nerd in me), but I've always been about a higher purpose in what I do. It's not enough for me to have something to do. What will keep me going for the next fifty, sixty, seventy years (I can only hope) is a big picture vision.

Why--you may wonder--am I talking all big and sage-y these days? It's because the past year has really brought about some great discoveries for myself. Many of them hard to hear and even harder to embrace the change that comes with it. I feel like I've finally had a chance to rediscover the awakening I had mid-way through college that made my commitment to acting as rock solid as it is right now.

As I alluded to yesterday, acting is very much about our ability to be comfortable living. Some might say the two are virtually the same thing--but that's a dangerously contentious digression I will save for another time.

I've also been enlighten by several brilliant blogs out there. It helps to be reminded that having a solid plan is essential. That trusting your will and your heart, once put out into the open, (many thanks to playbillsvspayingbills for that lead!) will find it's way to your desired destination.

My best hope is that this blog has significance not only for myself, but for the potential readers that will encounter it. I open up the doors of suggestion to any thoughts, observations, or other ideas you have about this blog and this post.

-But not so fast... Play of the Day:
Once upon a time there was this surfer named Johnny that love to "catch 10" on the Big Kahunas. However, he wasn't very good, and he kept being tossed to and fro among the waves. He was so sick of being thrown off the big rollers that he was literally getting seasick!

There was also this old man. Watching. And, at last, fed up, he said "you better not crash or I'll kick yer butt!" Well, that lit a fire under our young dude. He dived in. He gave his best effort. But the big watery wall thrusted him back upon the beach. The old guy said "You're not any good! You don't know how to surf". O-oh, did that make the young dude mad. Wipe-outs, seasickness, and annoy old violent men or otherwise, he was going to overcome them all. 

Suddenly, he found himself in a surfing competition with two other hopefuls. They all waited at the sandy starting line; then they springed into the ocean. The mad their way onto the first biggie. The young dude made it through, so did another, but alas one fell into the sea!

They went out again. But the wave was too big... down it crashed and sent the young dude to short. Once again feeling like a piece of wood being rubbed over sandpaper, he expected defeat, but there was the other competitor, also thrown onto land! Therefore, it was declared a tie. The young dude was jubilant, but the competitor said "You're not that good--I could've beaten you on any other day". The old man was also not impressed by his now his rather dulled medallic prize. The young dude braced for abuse, but the old man just left him to his rather anticlimatic return to the rollers.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment